As the new year nears, we polled our readers for their Top 10 most romantic gifts. So here they are in no particular order of importance, #10 being my favourite!
1. A dozen mini frozen ice cream strawberries
2. A haiku describing the first date
3. Surprise tickets to see Mikhail Baryshnikov perform
4. A full fridge and pantry upon returning from an overseas business trip
5. A good-bye gift rushed through airport security
6. A supply of Pimm’s and sandwiches while punting in Oxford down the River Thames
7. A Makita drill with all the bits (seriously!)
8. A floral ring from the island of Sumatra
9. A bottle of champagne brought in from the balcony while staying at a Quebec during winter carnival
10. A piggyback ride when the tide went out at Mont St. Michel
May the new year bring more romance because “money can’t buy you love” … but sometimes it helps! Happy 2012!